- We focus in “Every scripture is inspired by God” and look at what Scriptures exactly this passage is referring to
- Call out some intellectually dishonest ways this passage has been used
- We look at what it means for Scripture to be in inspired
- Other places we find inspiration
- How understanding what this passage really means about scripture can impact our relationship with scripture
Remember to leave us a review by going to queertheology.com/review
2 Timothy 3:14-4:2
But you must continue with the things you have learned and found convincing. You know who taught you. Since childhood you have known the holy scriptures that help you to be wise in a way that leads to salvation through faith that is in Christ Jesus. Every scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for showing mistakes, for correcting, and for training character, so that the person who belongs to God can be equipped to do everything that is good.
I’m giving you this commission in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is coming to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearance and his kingdom. Preach the word. Be ready to do it whether it is convenient or inconvenient. Correct, confront, and encourage with patience and instruction.
Photo by shock264
This article was published by Brian Murphy
Want more encouragement & inspiration for LGBTQ Christians?
Join 6,000+ others in receiving Queer Theology articles, videos, and updates