In this episode…
- this month at Queer Theology, we are going “back to the basics” of what it means to be Christian, what it means to be a queer person of faith, and what it means to queer theology
- Fr. Shay’s difficulty in finding resources for LGBTQ Christians who left conservative/fundamentalist Christianity but wanted to stay faithful
- Questions that we asked ourselves — and questions we continue to get asked — about the intersections of queerness, being a progressive person of faith, and Christianity
- How Brian experienced Christianity before coming out
- “The First Crack”
- A Guide to Recovering from Fundamentalism
- What changed that caused Brian’s faith to grow and flourish
- Asking questions of progressive, queer Christianity about salvation, original sin, resurrection, etc.
- If you have questions you’d like us to cover, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to go deeper, join us in Sanctuary Collective
- Keep an eye out for Resurrecting Faith, a book about how to do the work of building a faith that is life-giving and holistic
Get the basics: Live
On Thursday, September 21, we’re hosting a free webinar to explore what it really means to be a Christian and how queerness comes into play. You’re invited: register here!
Photo by stevendepolo (Creative Commons 2.0)
Want more encouragement & inspiration for LGBTQ Christians?
Join 4,905 others in receiving Queer Theology articles