In this episode we look at…
- how this passage resonates with folks who have been in the closet
- a message of hope for those who feel shame
- the importance of naming our sins, of bringing are shame out into the light
- what sin is and what it isn’t
- what to do after your sins are forgiven
- how this passage relates to folks working in solidarity with queer people
- a special announcement about Walking Toward Resurrection (learn more at https://www.queertheology.com/resurrection/)
Don’t forget, if you want to dive deeper into queer theology, Sanctuary Collective — our online community + premium resources — is just for you! Learn more and sign up at https://www.queertheology.com/sanctuary-collective
Blessed is the one
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit.
When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
For day and night
your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess
my transgressions to the Lord.”
And you forgave
the guilt of my sin.
Therefore let all the faithful pray to you
while you may be found;
surely the rising of the mighty waters
will not reach them.
You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.
Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the Lord’s unfailing love
surrounds the one who trusts in him.
Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous;
sing, all you who are upright in heart!
This article was published by Brian Murphy
Want more encouragement & inspiration for LGBTQ Christians?
Join 5,004 others in receiving Queer Theology articles, videos, and updates