In this episode, we look at
- what the Kingdom of Heaven is like, according to Jesus’s parables
- how these parables can help us judge whether anti-LGBTQ theology is of God or not
- Jesus’s audience in his parables (and what that means for us today)
- what to make of the bit about “burning furnaces” that follows these verses
- what anti-LGBTQ people must go through to experience God’s kingdom
“The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure that somebody hid in a field, which someone else found and covered up. Full of joy, the finder sold everything and bought that field.
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls. When he found one very precious pearl, he went and sold all that he owned and bought it.
Want more encouragement & inspiration for LGBTQ Christians?
Join 4,905 others in receiving Queer Theology articles