In this episode, we look at
- what the Kingdom of Heaven is like, according to Jesus’s parables
- how these parables can help us judge whether anti-LGBTQ theology is of God or not
- Jesus’s audience in his parables (and what that means for us today)
- what to make of the bit about “burning furnaces” that follows these verses
- what anti-LGBTQ people must go through to experience God’s kingdom
“The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure that somebody hid in a field, which someone else found and covered up. Full of joy, the finder sold everything and bought that field.
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls. When he found one very precious pearl, he went and sold all that he owned and bought it.
This article was published by Brian G. Murphy
Want more encouragement & inspiration for LGBTQ Christians?
Join 4,905 others in receiving Queer Theology articles