In this episode we talk about…
- We’re heading to Wild Goose Festival in Hot Springs, NC. If you’ll be there, come to our session “Queering The Gospel” at 10am on Saturday in The Landing. Session info here: wildgoosefestival.org/sessions17-78
- Our theme for the month is “Reading the Bible Queerly” — look at for articles, a webinar, and more on this topic!
- The short story of Shay’s long and winding relationship to the Bible
- The ways in which exalting (a certain interpretation of) the Bible above all else can fail us — and dishonor the Bible
- DAILY QUIET TIMES!
- Reading & Teaching the Bible to find “the right answer” vs reading & teaching the Bible to engage the text
- Brian’s story of trying to figure out if it’s ok to be gay and Christian
- Moving beyond isolated verses to see the complete story of God in the Bible
- Tune in next week for the “brass tacks” of how to tell your story — recorded live at Wild Goose
- Contribute to Queer Theology’s summer fundraising campaign: www.queertheology.com/support
This article was published by Brian Murphy
Want more encouragement & inspiration for LGBTQ Christians?
Join 5,747 others in receiving Queer Theology articles, videos, and updates