It’s time for another Q&A episode where Brian and Fr. Shay answers a selection of burning questions submitted by our listeners! If you have a question you would like answered, please send them over at the email below, or at queertheology.com/listen and submit a video or audio question. We’d love to feature your voice or question on our next episode of Asked And Answered!
Questions answered in this episode:
- I’m trans/femine/non-binary and want to transition but am scared it’s like telling God I was a mistake. And my family is transphobic. What should I do? Do I lose everything for me, or do I suffer for others?
- How can I know if my fasting, prayers, and almsgiving are pleasing to God? Am I doing enough or not doing enough? Am I approaching God to be in God’s loving presence or am I motivated by my own goals and agenda or seeking attention?
- I know of a Christian denomination that doesn’t believe in celebrating Christmas or Easter because they think it doesn’t say you should in the Bible. What do you think?
- I need some help finding something in the Hebrew Bible that I know is there, but I can’t find the chapter and verse. It’s about the penalties for causing a woman to miscarry and about how they are lighter before they have “quickened”. The reason why I am asking is of course related to recent events and family arguments around them.
- How can we incorporate pagan and nature spirituality into our celebration of what Jesus did on the cross?
Article and episode:
- If God Does Not Make Mistakes Why Are You Transgender?: https://www.queertheology.com/if-god-does-not-make-mistakes-why-are-you-transgender/
- Growing up Suburban Jewish & Finding Your Faith With Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg: https://www.queertheology.com/podcast/435/
- To listen to some more episodes of the podcast or submit a video or voice question: https://www.queertheology.com/listen/
- Jewish Study Bible
If you want to support the Patreon and help keep the podcast up and running, you can learn more and pledge your support at patreon.com/queertheology.
If you’d like to be featured in future episodes, email your question or Bible passage suggestion to email@example.com.