Finding a community or creating new friendships can be hard and it can be actual work to move out of your comfort zone or into a new zone. But the benefit of finding or creating a community with people who support you, cheer for you, lift you up, listen to you, and care for you is so rewarding. We talk in this episode about the people in our lives who have made us feel that more was possible, that pushed us to expand our understanding, and enrich our lives. Things just get easier by being in a community and we want that for you!
We also answer some more questions submitted by listeners:
- How can I start bringing a new message to my congregation as the pastor of a small church? Are they ready?
- I am in the process of deconstruction, but what if it ends with me not being a Christian anymore? (Note: Brian has a major life update in this section!)
- I feel like I’ve checked all the boxes for being queer and coming out. How do I bring spirituality into my sex life without thinking that God is creepily judging me?
- Join the online community Sanctuary Collective.
- Faithful Sexuality – on demand course
- Christianity & Polyamory – on demand course
If you want to support the Patreon and help keep the podcast up and running, you can learn more and pledge your support at patreon.com/queertheology.