One prominent voice in the polyamory community is that of Kevin A. Patterson. Kevin is an active member of the Philadelphia polyamory community. He’s been practicing ethical nonmonogamy since 2002 after opening up a relationship that eventually became his marriage. He was inspired to start Poly Role Models, an interview series for people describing their experiences with polyamory and was part of a drive and a desire to change the way poly lives and communities are viewed. He has written both a non-fiction book, Love’s Not Color Blind, and fiction books that are a sci-fi novel series.
Kevin shares how he came to be part of a polyamorous relationship and how that has enriched his life in more ways than he could have imagined. Storytelling is a big part of Kevin’s work and we discuss how it can open up a whole world for people who may feel isolated or marginalized in their experiences. Brian was thrilled to get the chance to sit down with one of HIS poly role models to talk more about the conversations around the polyamory community and the power of sharing those stories.
- Books by Kevin A Patterson: Love’s Not Colorblind, For Hire: Operator, For Hire: Audition.
- Website: https://www.kevinapatterson.com/
- Social Media: IG: Poly Role Models, Twitter: @PolyRoleModels, Tumblr: polyrolemodels
- Dirty Lola: https://www.dirtylola.co/
- Multiamory: https://www.multiamory.com/
- Alicia Bunyan Sampson: https://www.aliciabunyansampson.com/
- Cunning Minx podcast Polyamory Weekly
Join the online community Sanctuary Collective.
If you want to support the Patreon and help keep the podcast up and running, you can learn more and pledge your support at patreon.com/queertheology.