For the final episode of our Summer Guest Series we are joined by Cindy Wang Brandt. Cindy describes herself as ‘someone who wants to find interesting things and do them’ and, as we found in this interview, she definitely does that and has so much wisdom from her experiences!
Cindy Wang Brandt is an author, podcaster, and speaker. She hosts conferences and communities that help parents heal from religious trauma to raise children with healthy spirituality.
We discuss how religious trauma shows up and how it can be defined. We unpack what it means to go forward with healthy spirituality and parent in a way that is not harmful. Cindy talks about deconstructing and setting boundaries after leaving the evangelical church and how that has made her a more gentle parent to the child within herself, and to her own children. We often get questions about parenting and it is a real pleasure to get some expert advice and wisdom from Cindy. This is for parents, the children of parents, and those who are thinking of the possibility of being a parent- everyone!
- Website: https://cindywangbrandt.com/
- Book: Parenting Forward, by Cindy Wang Brandt
- Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/parenting-forward/id1403686245
- Parenting Forward online community: https://cindywangbrandt.com/
- Substack: https://substack.com/@cindywangbrandt
- Facebook Group: Raising Children Unfundamentalist
Join the online community Sanctuary Collective.
If you want to support the Patreon and help keep the podcast up and running, you can learn more and pledge your support at patreon.com/queertheology.