In this episode we look at all things Pride!
- Shay’s struggles with LGBTQ Pride and Pride celebrations
- how “anti-pride” religious messages and internalized shame can get in the way of pride
- the lack of trans inclusion in many pride celebrations
- the resilience of LGBTQ+ people
- the history of police & pride
- parallels between Christianity and the queer community
- the PRIDE (SHAME) issue of Spit & Spirit
What about you? What does LGBTQ+ Pride mean to you? Let us know in the comments or sound off on Twitter using the #QueerTheology hashtag.
Photo by Michael Kazarnowicz
This article was published by Brian G. Murphy
Want more encouragement & inspiration for LGBTQ Christians?
Join 4,905 others in receiving Queer Theology articles