A few days ago, a follower on Tumblr asked,
I’ve been avoiding the church because I live in a developing country (not many church options) and the church that happens to be there is very anti-homosexuality and anti anything different than conventional. I drifted away from the church and God for a long time but I’ve found my way again and now I’m coming closer to Christ. To make this letter short(er), I want to ask, in the Holy Week, what can I do from home? There are services at church but I get very anxious and start crying and want to leave or feel suffocated. Do you have any passages I can read to strengthen my faith? Feel I’m not alone?
We do! And I thought you might want some resources to queer up your Holy Week, too.
So here’s a roundup of 10 articles, podcasts, and even a digital magazine:
- Lent as a body honoring practice? – article
- Getting over the fear of death – article
- Jesus steals a donkey! – podcast
- Why do we do this? Maundy Thursday – podcast
- CRUCIFIXION (RESURRECTION) – digital magazine
- An empty tomb – podcast
- Unlikely witnesses – podcast
- Easter 2017 – podcast
- Palm Sunday & Holy Week 2017 – podcast
- Walking Toward Resurrection – ebook & audiobook
What are you doing to observe (or not) Holy Week this year? Let us know in the comments!