Thinking about your religion as only a personal relationship with God is dangerous to you and to others. There are so many ways claiming a personal connection to God can be powerful and life-giving, but you have to really examine if minimizing religions and rituals that come with other religions are actually a way to minimize communities and avoid accountability. In this episode, we talk about how important it is to have a personal connection to the Divine, but also how important it is to recognize the beauty of community that can come with religion and ritual practices.
Podcast series on rituals:
- Ep. 445: Rituals for Resistance and Resilience
- Ep. 447: The Surprising Meaning Behind What We Have
- Ep. 448: You Might Have More Rituals Than You Think
- Ep. 449: Creating Your Own Rituals
- Rituals for Resistance & Resilience on-demand workshop.
Join the community at Sanctuary Collective.
If you want to support the Patreon and help keep the podcast up and running, you can learn more and pledge your support at patreon.com/queertheology.